Sunday, January 22, 2012

**Chicken** Pad Thai

Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE the smell of freshly chopped cilantro? Because I do! Today I got to smell that when I made some pad thai. I used Sandra Lee's recipe from the Food Network site. However; I added chicken**. Because I love me some protein. Here is the recipe I used :-)

Ingredients

  • 1 (16-ounce) package rice noodles
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • **1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon fish sauce
  • 1 tablespoon chile sauce
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1 carrot, grated
  • 4 scallions, sliced thin (reserve 1 scallion for Round 2 Recipe Coconut Chicken Soup)
  • 2 cups bean sprouts
  • 1/4 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped, for garnish
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped, for garnish

Directions

Bring a large pot of water to a boil and turn off the heat. Add the rice noodles and let them soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain. (Reserve 1 cup cooked noodles for Online Round 2 Recipe Summer Rolls.)


In a wok or a large skillet over high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil. When it is hot, add the eggs and cook until they are firm. Remove them from the pan and let them cool a bit. Roughly chop them and set aside. **Add another tablespoon of oil and cook chicken (cut into bite sized pieces) in same pan and set it aside with the eggs.**

In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, chile sauce, lime juice, garlic, and broth. Set side.


Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan along with the carrots, scallions, and bean sprouts andstir fry 1 minute. Add the reserved eggs and sauce, stirring to coat everything completely. Cook for another minute. Serve garnished with peanuts and cilantro

No comments: